What is Silver Sunday?
Silver Sunday is a national day where people of all generations can come together by hosting fun and free activities for older people.
MDX are hosting Silver Sunday for Age UK Barnet. The event will include four special talks, exercise tasters, music and dance performances, workshops, advice on managing money and health checks.
The Rickett Quadrangle, College Building, The Burroughs, Hendon NW4 4BT
Who is this for?
Over 50s and their families across Barnet
What's on the agenda?
- Love to Dance, Saracens Foundation
- N11 Choir
- Bollywood Performance
- Ballet Barre demonstration (GLL)
- Arts Depot, Poetivity Spoken Word Performance
Exploring Barnet’s Past
- The Royal Air Force Museum London
- Barnet African Caribbean Association & Barnet Asian Women’s Association
Connecting to Our Present
- Professor Catherine Loveday. Love and Connection: Connecting to our community in Barnet
Shaping Our Future
- Age-friendly Barnet; consultation for our age-friendly action plan for the borough
Health and Fitness Checks:
- Age UK Later Life Planning
- Fitness checks from Better Gym (GLL)
- Blood Pressure Checks from Inclusion Barnet
- Musculoskeletal (MSK) Health Check
- 10 Minute Short Massage from Osteopathic Student
- Cholesterol, Glucose, BMI Checks