Logo close icon

Certificates and transcripts

How to get replacement certificates

From – if you graduated after 1993

Request a replacement certificate for £65 through .

From other awarding bodies – if you graduated before 1993

to find out if we are able to replace your certificate.

If your certificate is from before 1993 or from an institution that merged into Polytechnic then we may not be able to issue a certificate because there may not be sufficient records available.

Nursing Transcripts – for work or study abroad in the field of nursing or midwifery

Available via the , they can be sent directly to a Nursing Board. Select ‘Nursing’ from the two options at the bottom of the page.

Find out more about requesting a 

Certificates issued by CNAA

To replace a certificate issued by CNAA (Council for National Academic Awards), which awarded the majority of pre-University qualifications, contact the Open University.

Tel: +44 (0) 1908 332 852
Fax: +44 (0) 1908 332 841
Email: cicp-aftercare@open.ac.uk

Ask a question


Call 020 8411 6060

  • Academic reference option 1: Award letter (3-5 working days)

    • Can be requested by you directly
    • Can be sent/collected by you or sent directly to employer
    • Confirms that you studied here, your attendance and study dates, and award result
    • Can be provided even if your tutor no longer works here
    • Currently produced and sent electronically with digital timestamp and signature, due to Covid-19, unless specifically requested otherwise

  • Academic reference option 2: Reference from tutor (up to 30 days)

    • Can only be requested by third parties (employers / higher education institutions)
    • Cannot be sent to you
    • Can only be provided if your tutor still works here
    • Is a character reference

  • Verified degrees

    If an employer or recruiter asks for a verification of your qualification or dates of study please ask them to send an email, along with your handwritten permission, to verifications@mdx.ac.uk

  • Replacement diploma supplements and transcripts

    There is a £15 charge for diploma supplements for students who completed their studies after 1993. If you're not sure if we are able to replace these for you then .

    Remember that it might not be possible for us to issue a diploma supplement from before 1993 or from an institution that merged from Polytechnic.

In this section

Back to top